Picture you and Billy Bob paddling across the lake as 10-year-olds. The boat wasn’t the Pirelli Tecnorib 1900. Pirelli is probably one of the largest car tire manufacturers in the world. Sometimes the engineers act on thinking outside the box and create big, different products. Since rubber is Pirelli’s raw material, it just made sense that they team up with Tecnorib, a rubber boat maker. The result, the Pirelli Tecnorib 1900 to be released at the 2017 Cannes Yachting Festival.
This is not the first collaboration between Pirelli and Tecnorib. They have created three boats over the past ten years; however, the sporty 1900 far exceeds any other creation to date.
Specifications of the Pirelli Tecnorib 1900
- Hull Length: 61 feet (18.5 m)
- Hull Width: 16.4 feet (5 m)
- Fashioned with stylish tire tread design
- Carbon Fiber Roof
- Twin 800 HP (597 KW) Engines With Surface-Piercing Propellers
- Maximum Speed 45 Knots (83 km/h)
- Recommend Cruising Speed: 30 Knots (56 km/h)
- Joystick Trim System
- Cabin Headroom Peaks: 6.56 feet (2 m)
- Two Cabins, Two Bathrooms, and a Central Living Area
Let us remind you–this is an inflatable boat. Pretty impressive. We are looking forward to the reviews a Cannes.