There is no doubt, crime is on the rise. There is no screening required to purchase handcuffs so these are open game for criminals. Are you prepared for the possibility of being handcuffed? Be prepared with the TIHK HK2 (handcuff key 2) in your pocket.
TIHK stands for “Tiny Inconspicuous Handcuff Key.” It is merely 0.8″ long so concealing it is extremely easy. Clip one onto your belt loop or that tiny inner jean pocket. This tiny EDC gear doesn’t have to be added to your wallet or your keyring. Because it blends in with your clothing, it won’t attract unwanted attention no matter where you go. This includes those places where, in 2017, you may want a little extra protection (airports and government buildings, anyone?) The HK2 is 100% reinforced nylon so you can walk through metal detectors without fear.
The HK2 improves unlocks a wider variety of handcuff manufacturers. The clip has been improved with greater strength and internal teeth for extra grip. This means you can slip it onto your belt loop with peace of mind that it will still be there at the end of the day…or whenever you need it.
The HK2 is easy to use with a little practice. It is small so you will need to practice using it. Once your fingers get used to the size and feel, you’ll find that you need only twist the key far enough to disengage the pawl and ratchet mechanism.
If you’re in law enforcement, the military, or just care about being prepared for anything, you owe it to yourself to keep one of these little guys on your person.
Specifications of the TIHK Handcuff Key
- Integrated Clip. An integral clip keeps the product attached to your belt loop or other parts of your clothing. The HK2 adds two small teeth within the clip to further improve staying power.
- Inconspicuous. The textured surface, black material and stealthy contours help to avoid detection.
- Minuscule Size. This tiny tool only measures 0.8″ (20.3mm) long by 0.28″ (7.1mm) tall and 0.16″ (4mm) thick.
- Lightweight. It barely moves the scale to 0.01 ounce (0.25g) – you certainly won’t notice it’s there.
- Universal. The universal handcuff key portion is sized to address the common Peerless style handcuff lock produced by many different manufacturers.
- Improved Function. The HK2 improves upon the original TIHK Handcuff Key by working more smoothly in a larger variety of manufacturer’s handcuffs.
Note: Practice makes perfect. We highly recommend a TIHK training kit for practicing and mastering the HK2. The clip is designed to be opened to a maximum of 20 degrees which is more than sufficient to attach to most clothing. Opening it greater than 20 degrees may result in permanent damage to the HK2.
Preparedness is paramount.