Having your favorite four-legged friend join you on your outdoor adventures is one of life’s greatest pleasures. But if your trip involves water, and your water has a thing for swimming, you may want to grab him a life jacket to help keep him safe. We recommend the K-9 Float Coat from Ruffwear. This heavy-duty canine life jacket is built from dependable, abrasion-resistant, 1680-denier nylon, which is even thicker and tougher than military-grade vests and plate carriers. It’s filled with closed cell-foam panels that provide ample buoyancy, keeping your best friend afloat. It fits in a natural swimming position for a dog, wrapping around the back and belly while leaving the legs free to kick and power him through the water. The telescoping neck allows to fit dogs of different sizes.
On the top of the jacket is a hefty, sturdy grab handle for lifting the pup out of the water when it’s a little too deep. The buckles are sheltered under nylon coverings, and a covet d-ring lets you put him on a leash. Reflective trim provides visibility in the dark, and a loop for attaching lights or beacons.
So now there’s no reason Fido and Spot can’t come canoeing, or on the next kayaking trip. Or maybe he just likes swimming in all the rivers and waterfalls you come across on your hikes. Whatever your pup might get himself into, you know he’ll make it out safe and sound.
RUFFWEAR K-9 FLOAT COAT FEATURES/SPECS
- Made with 1680-denier, abrasion-resistant nylon
- Closed cell-foam pads for flotation
- Strong, low-profile handle is optimally positioned to help dogs out of the water
- Telescoping neck closure adjusts for a range of dog sizes
- Natural swimming position
- Sheltered buckles keep straps firm
- Light loop for attaching lights and beacons
- Reflective trim for visibility in the dark