The more unique the table clock (or watch), the better. Talk about a conversation piece! The new MB&F Destination Moon Clock is sure to be a guest magnet and spark hours of creative conversations.
MB&F is known for their attention-grabbing clock designs. The Destination Moon table clock, conceived by MB&F and built by L’Epée 1839, follows suit. Destination Moon is a torpedo-shaped statement piece of a table clock with a 164-component movement that is as complex as the stainless steel structure.
The eight-day movement follows the basic engineering of a real spaceship. Power in a rocket comes from its base and the power for Destination Moon comes from the oversized winding crown in its base. The control systems of a rocket are above the power source and the same holds true for Destination Moon, which has a vertical regulator underneath the time display, as well as a time-setting knob at the top of the movement. That regulator with its animated balance is protected from cosmic radiation (and curious fingers) by a small panel of virtually invisible mineral glass. Hours and minutes are displayed by large, white numerals on stainless steel disks.
And then there’s Neil: a smile inducing, space-suited figurine forged in solid silver and stainless steel, magnetically attached to the ladder connecting the crown to the movement. Neil imparts a childlike sense of wonder by putting Man into the Machine.
- Hour and minute indications stamped on rotating stainless steel discs
- Designed and manufactured in-house by L’Epée 1839
- Multi-stage vertical architecture
- Incabloc shock protection system protected by mineral glass
- Power reserve: 8 days from single barrel
- Balance frequency: 18,000 bph / 2.5 Hz
- 164 components and 17 jewels
- Movement finishing: polishing, bead-blasting and satin finishing
- Movement in palladium-plated brass, stainless steel and nickel-plated stainless steel
- Frame in satin-finished stainless steel
- Landing pods in palladium-plated brass with PVD coating for the blue, green and black
- Neil (astronaut figurine): solid polished silver with stainless steel helmet, magnetic
- Dimensions: 41.4 cm (height) x 23.3 cm (diameter at base)
- Weight: 4.0 kg