Taking GPS sport watches to a new level. The Suunto Spartan Sport Wrist HR watch includes a heart monitor, but you don’t need a chest heart rate strap to get your readings. This is a runner’s dream watch. It is literally a full-blown computer on your wrist.
Suunto Spartan Sport Wrist HR is an advanced multisport GPS watch sporting wrist heart rate measurement, color touch screen, 100m water resistance and up to 12h of battery life in training mode. Spartan Sport comes with 80 pre-set sport modes and rich sport specific metrics.
How does the optical heart rate work on the GPS Watch?
Suunto Spartan Sport Wrist HR uses optical heart rate monitoring technology created by Valencell, the leading innovator in wearable biometric data sensor technology.
In practice, the optical heart rate sensor on the underside of the watch shines light into user’s wrist using LEDs and measures the amount of light that is scattered by blood flow. This is based on the fact that light entering the body will scatter in a predictable manner when the blood flow dynamics change, such as with changes in blood pulse rate or with changes in blood volume (cardiac output).
- Battery life up to 12h in training mode
- Convenient wrist HR measurement
- GPS/GLONASS route navigation
- Steel bezel, mineral crystal glass, 100 m water resistance
- Sport expertise and support for over 80 sports with racing and interval use
- Training insights and community powered tools in Suunto Movescount