Yes, a door key can be replicated using a photo of a key. Even the highest security keys can be duplicated by 3D printing at home. We’re not talking about a thief — he can get in if he wants to. The problem is an ex-tenant, an ex-boyfriend/ex-girlfriend, an ex-housecleaning employee, etc. UrbanAlps has designed The Stealth Key, incorporating a clever tooth-hiding design. The Stealth hides most of its mechanical security features internally – rendering the key unscannable.
Features of the New Door Key: The Stealth
- Hidden Internal Coding
- Purely mechanical solution
- 5 million possible combinations
- Extensive master keying possibilities
- Can be combined with electronics
- Designed by Cylinder Experts
- Reliable and durable due to its superior design and precision manufacturing
- Lock picking and bump resistant
- Anti-drill capabilities
- World’s First 3D Metal Printed Key
- Geometrical complexity is free
- Unlimited customization possibilities
Bringing back safety to age-old mechanics.
UrbanAlps is running a limited pilot program right now, but you can also preorder a padlock and two keys with the same technology for about $1,060.