02 Oct Makita Power-Assisted Dolly: For All Those Who Hate Push Dollies
If you’ve been following Gear for Life a while, you will notice that we are constantly asking ourselves, “Why didn’t we think of that?” Here’s another example. There hasn’t been a lot of innovation since the standard dolly was invented—back when the wheel was created. Enter the Makita Power-Assisted Dolly, and save the back.
Have you ever struggled uphill with a weighed-down dolly or crashed going downhill with a loaded dolly? The Makita motorized dolly is equipped with knobby grip-tire and a brushless motor to make transporting easier and safer.
Makita Power-Assisted Dolly Specifications
- Delivers up to 60 minutes of run time under load using one 18V LXT® 6.0Ah BL1860 battery (battery not included)
- Holds (2) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion batteries but operates using (1) 18V battery at a time; utilizes second battery when needed (batteries not included)
- Makita-built BL™ Brushless Motor for optimal performance
- 2-speed with maximum speed up to 2.5 MPH on a 12º incline
- Reversible for versatility and convenience
- Interchangeable steel tube flat bed or steel bucket (steel bucket optional)
- Side rails on flat bed install in up or down position; large knob for easy adjustment
- Maximum load capacity up to 275 lbs.
- Rear wheel spacing is adjustable from 19″ to 30″ to accommodate the work environment
- 7″ mechanical disc brake for faster stopping
- L-shaped legs can be easily installed to replace rear wheels
- L.E.D. lights on each side of frame to illuminate the work area
- L.E.D. battery charge indicators show charge level for each 18V LXT® battery
- Weighs only 99 lbs. with flat bed for reduced operator fatigue
- Rubberized soft grip handles provide increased comfort on the job; adjust to 3 heights
- Features Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) which is engineered to provide increased dust and water resistance in harsh job site conditions
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (batteries sold separately)
- 3-year limited warranty
- Uses genuine Makita batteries and chargers
There are a number of accessories to enhance the performance of the dolly.