17 Aug Honeymoon Packing List: The Finalized List AFTER the Big Day
Weddings are some of the happiest moments in life but also can be the most stressful times. With well-thought out planning, your experience can be all you hope it to be.
Just when you thought all the planning for the wedding was over, it is time to finalize the planning for the honeymoon, which hopefully you already have everything booked well in advance. The planning of packing is now upon you, and it is your chance to gather anything and everything you may need on you and your loved one’s special first vacation as newlyweds.
Now when the planning starts, it is was too easy to start overthinking. You start to think what if you over pack? Then your bag will just weigh you down the whole time. But on the flip side, if you under pack, then you are too busy regretting whatever it is that you forgot or you are forced to spend unnecessary money that was not expected. This definitely happened to me just a week ago during my own honeymoon. I forgot our waterproof cases and had to pay that “airport price” for the cases because, I mean better safe than sorry to keep that phone safe. Luckily, our nitty-gritty packing list for that special honeymoon is here to help keep you covered for any and all emergencies; but, more importantly, to make the week (or weeks) the best of your lives and jumpstart your new lives together.
Wedding Packing List Must-Have’s
First off, we will go with your must-have or your required items to even make the journey in the first place possible:
- Driver’s license, passports
- Credit cards (and/or debit cards if you feel comfortable and risky)
- Airline tickets either printed out or on your phone
- Any other non-electronic confirmation papers for resorts, hotels, etc.
- Should probably be prepared with emergency contacts numbers by heart
- ID tags for your luggage
- Camera (or your phone depending on preference)
- Any prescription medicine required
- Other (cough) unmentionables – I mean, it is the honeymoon. Have you ever wondered why so many people expand their family 9 months after a honeymoon?
Of course with any vacation and traveling, several electronic devices are required (I mean it is 2017).
- Phone – Of course who can go anywhere without their phone
- Phone charger – Then we wouldn’t want that phone to die
- Phone case(s) – Possible waterproof case or battery case
- Laptop – If you want, your computer as well
- Flashlight – got to have your dependable light source such as the Fenix TK20R
- Headphones – for the plane ride and to pass the time on those long layovers
Next, of course, would be “ladies first” and her stash which, of course, varies for the destination; but we are going to go with a tropical honeymoon.
- Of course – swimsuits – probably at least two depending on how many days
- A swimsuit cover up
- Pair of jeans or leggings (cold airports and plane rides)
- Light jacket that could be easily stowed away in your carryon
- A nice sundress or two
- Nicer dress for a fancy dinner on the beach
- 1-2 pair of sandals
- 1-2 pair of evening shoes or wedges
- 1 pair of walking shoes
- About 4 casual shirts
- 2 pairs of shorts
- Smaller purse which takes up less room
- That special lingerie for your special man
- Extra socks and underwear
- Other accessories
- Any other (cough cough) lady unmentionables
Now for the men’s stash, which, as you may realize, is a bit shorter of a list but hey no stereotyping here.
- 1 pair of jeans or khakis
- 1 pair of nice slacks for that fancy dinner
- 1 light jacket
- About 3 casual shirts as well
- Maybe 3-4 tanks as well
- 2 pair of shorts
- 1 pair of cargo shorts
- 2 polo shirts or button-down shirts
- 1 sports jacket
- 1-2 swimsuits
- 1 pair of walking shoes
- 1-2 sandals
- 1 pair of dress shoes
- Extra socks and underwear
Buy Now, Not Later
Next up is the list of items that it would be a much better investment than buying these either at the airport or at your destination.
- Insect repellent
- Aloe vera
- Motion sickness medicine
- Women’s unmentionables
- Deck of cards
- Bag/tote – to easily carry stuff to the beach or pool
- Electrical outlet adapter
Of course, any vacation is ruined without your basic toiletries.
- Make up and remover
- Cotton balls
- Hair products
- Nail file/clippers
- Shaving cream
- Hair dryer
- Contacts and solution
- Hair accessories
- Body lotion
With this list, you and your special someone are ready to take on any and all obstacles during your special vacation. I will go ahead and let you in on a secret. If you stick to this list, then you will have a much better experience throughout your honeymoon, and it will just make everything that much sweeter. Don’t follow my lead by leaving behind several items and forcing you to dig deeper into the budget that was for fun.
At the end of the day, it does not matter what is included or what may have been excluded from your luggage. The two of you are married, and it’s your time to relax and truly began the newest chapter in either of your lives. Don’t worry, another secret would be that happiness isn’t about a fancy vacation, it is about being with the one that truly makes you happy and as long as that is the root of your relationship, then you two will be the happiest people in the world. Hope this list was able to assist you and your loved one with getting one step closer to your special vacation. Now go out there and enjoy yourselves and just always remember why you are there in the first place!
John (Gear for Life Employee) and Lauren
Happily Married July 29, 2017