360 Spherical Cameras are starting to pick up speed, and Garmin – more well known for their GPS systems – is getting into the game with their Virb 360.
The Virb 360 shoots in 360 degrees, horizontally and vertically, in resolutions up to 5.7k at up to 30fps, capturing every detail of your adventures. It can also stitch and stabilize your video into 4k automatically, for smooth video in every direction, as well as take still photos. 4 separate integrated microphones record audio in every direction.
A variety of different shooting modes – time lapse, manual, burst shots – give you creative control, while the free Virb app and desktop editing software allows you to edit, stabilize and create videos, and you can livestream your adventures on the go. There’s also the option to add data overlays to your videos, with built-in GPS and GLONASS, a barometer, accelerometer, etc. The built-in mics even let you control recording or take photos with just your voice!
Battery life lasts up to 1 hour of non-stop recording, and the waterproof, and rugged build is perfect for almost any adventure.
If you’re looking for a way to capture some sweet hi-res, 360 video on all your outdoor treks, and can’t wait for the GoPro, the Virb360 might just be your best bet!
GARMIN VIRB 360 FEATURES
- 5.7K/30fps unstitched and 4K/30fps resolutions
- 4 built-in microphones for 360-degree sound
- 4K spherical stabilization
- Built-in sensors provide GPS, GLONASS overlays
- free VIRB® Mobile app and VIRB® Edit desktop software let you edit, stabilize, share and add data overlays to videos
- Record over an 1 hour on a single charge