It seems the headlamp market is flooded with a lot of equal performers. We have to say, the new Fenix HM65R Headlamp has pulled away from the pack. Fenix continually produces high-quality products made of aircraft-grade aluminum with LEDs to hit some pretty high lumens. The 1400-Lumen maximum output of the HM60R as well as the new magnesium alloy body are features that make you step back and say, “Wow!”
You may be thinking you have no need for a 1400-Lumen headlamp. First, everyone needs a headlamp; once you get one, you will wonder how you ever functioned without one. Yes, 1400 is overkill for most uses, but the Fenix HM65R Reachargeable Headlamp has the capability to drop to 8 Lumens and operate for 300 hours! Think about those times when you lose power. Those times when you need to light up your surroundings–then the HM65R is there for you. The versatility is everything you would expect. You have the Low Mode which operates at 8 Lumens for 300 hours; then you have the top Lumen output of 1000 Lumens for 2 hours. In those times where you want to reach the full 1400 Lumens, you would activate two modes simultaneously. The Fenix HM65R covers the whole spectrum of your visibility needs.
- Two separate operation modes: Spotlight (4 output levels) and Floodlight (3 output levels)
- IPX6 Dustproof Rating. This headlamp is ready for the extremes
- IPX68 Waterproof Rating: Submersible to 7 feet for up to 30 minutes
- Impact Resistant to 6.5 feet
- Made of lightweight magnesium and an all-metal housing
- Battery-Level Indicator
- Includes a rechargeable 18650 battery (3500mAh) which is recharged inside the headlamp body via the USB Type C port built into the headlamp
- For below-freezing weather, the headlamp can operate on two non-rechargeable CR123 batteries
This isn’t your standard big-box, checkout counter headlamp. The Fenix HM65R is designed for the outdoor enthusiast who seriously doesn’t want to buy a new piece of gear for every outing. This headlamp carries a 5 1/2-year warranty which speaks for the quality you are buying. So when you want reliability and performance, the Fenix HM65R is the headlamp to pick up. As with most Fenix products, you will get many years of performance.