Spending a lot of money on wool socks seems silly. They are just socks, right? Why pay more than a couple of bucks for a pair of wool socks, when a cheap pair of cotton ones will do just fine?
Yeah, that’s we thought too. At least, until we tried out some Darn Tough Merino running socks. Needless to say, we’re never going back to cheap, cotton socks.
First off, these socks are like slippers for your feet. They are made from a blend of 51% Merino Wool, 45% nylon and 5% spandex. The Merino Wool keeps them antimicrobial and breathable, wicking away moisture and keeping your feet dry. They’re thick, with padding all over the heal and sole for extra comfort and durability. They are also made with a completely seamless construction, which provides a snug performance fit that fits like a glove, without any slipping, bunching, or blisters. They also come in some pretty cool colors. We prefer the black/grey combination, which, unlike your old white Gold-Toes, hides dirt and looks clean all the time.
Specifications of the Darn Tough Merino Wool Socks
- Performance Fit: No slipping, no bunching, and no blisters.
- Fine Gauge Knitting: Unprecedented durability and our unique “put it on, forget it’s on” feel.
- Fast Action Wicking: Pulls moisture away from skin. Fast drying.
- All Weather Performance: Cool in the summer, warm in the winter.
- Naturally Antimicrobial: Repels bacteria and odor.
- Guaranteed For Life: No strings. No conditions. For life.
- Merino Wool: The ultimate fiber for breathability and comfort in all conditions.
- True Seamless™: Undetectable seam fusion for an ultra smooth, invisible feel.
- Built light, darn comfy and super strong—substantial construction for a lightweight, sure fit.
- The toughest sock you’ll never see. When your shoes are on this sock is gone.
- 52% Merino Wool, 44% Nylon, 4% Lycra® Spandex
Darn Tough socks are made in Vermont. They are built to last, and Darn Tough doesn’t joke around when they say this: All of their products are guaranteed for life, and if they ever get any holes or wear out, Darn Tough will replace them for free. That’s a guarantee we can get behind, and when you look at it that way – $15 for a lifetime pair of socks doesn’t seem so bad.