21 Oct Merrell’s Newest Chameleon 7 Hiking Boots
Merrell has a very particular style of hiking shoes, and few are as recognizable as the Chameleons – a shoe made to be as versatile as the reptile its inspired by. But it looks their going in a little bit of a different direction with the Chameleon 7, the newest rendition of the popular shoe. The Chameleon 7 comes with an almost Nike or Under Armour vibe in some models, opting for a much more padded and protected shoe than the original Chameleon. This makes them much more appealing for heavy-duty use and long-haul backpacking with a heavy pack.
Still, this is Merrell, and these shoes don’t disappoint on the lighter side, either. The Chameleon 7 integrates Merrell FlexPlate™ technology, a lightweight, full foot stability plate that has strategically placed outsole pods – made of Vibram TC5, which give it a dose of underfoot protection, durability, and integrated grip. An M Select™ DRY impermeable membrane seals out water and lets moisture escape to keep your feet dry and happy on the trail, while the Kinetic Fit™ Base removable contoured insole and Merrell Air Cushion in the heel make it soft, springy and comfortable on your feet. All that, and it still maintains some of that familiar Chameleon look we all love. Overall, the new Chameleon 7 is a worthy upgrade to an already great, lightweight shoe.
Merrell Chameleon 7 Features
• M Select™ DRY waterproofing
• Nubuck, suede leather and mesh upper
• Bellows tongue keeps debris out
• Protective rubber toe cap
• Molded TPU heel counter adds stability
• Breathable mesh lining
• Kinetic Fit™ Base removable contoured insole
• Merrell Air Cushion in the heel absorbs shock and adds stability
• EVA midsole for stability and comfort
• Lightweight FlexPlate™ technology provides torsional rigidity tuned to end use
• Flex Index Grade 4
• Vibram® TC5+ outsole